Safety is a shared responsibility. Keep yourself, others and property safe by following the procedures outlined below to prepare for and respond to an emergency situation.
Take these steps before any emergency occurs.
- Review and update your contact information using this guide in order to ensure that you receive timely information in the event of a threat to safety affecting the University.
- Familiarize yourself with multiple exits so an alternate exit can be used in the event the closest one is not useable. Know your evacuation routes and assembly areas.
- Review the emergency procedures outlined below and your department’s emergency procedures, if applicable.
- Consider displaying this flyer in your office or other common areas within your department/unit as a quick reference. Alternatively, screenshot or save to your phone.
- University Emergency webpage: Check the University’s current emergency status.
- Emergency Management: Contact us if you have questions or want more information.
- University Police non-emergency
- Phone: From any campus phone: x 456; Evanston: 847-491-3456; Chicago: 312-503-3456
- Email: email@example.com
- Facilities repairs
- Phone: Evanston: 847-491-5201; Chicago: 312-503-8000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Technology repairs
- Phone: From any campus phone: x 611; 847-491-4357 (HELP)
- Email: email@example.com
- Main University
- Phone: Evanston: 847-491-3741; Chicago: 312-503-8649