These offices and programs from across Northwestern’s campus work with our office to support students in a variety of ways and offer opportunities that overlap with many of the awards that we help students pursue.
- Buffett Institute - The Buffett Institute brings together scholars from multiple fields to collaborate and examine global challenges.
- Center for Civic Engagement - Northwestern University’s Center for Civic Engagement promotes a lifelong commitment to active citizenship and social responsibility among all students. Through an integration of academics with meaningful volunteer service, research and community partnerships, the Center supports students, faculty, staff and alumni as they enhance their own academic experiences while contributing to stronger communities and a more engaged university.
- Global Initiatives - Global Initiatives allow students, faculty, and alumni to explore, experience and engage with global scholarly activities anchored by McCormick programs and initiatives.
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program - The Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program aims to increase diversity in the faculty of higher education institutions by identifying students of great promise and helping them become scholars of the highest distinction.
- Northwestern Posse Scholars - Posse identifies high school students for academic and leadership potential for admission into a partner college or university. Northwestern became a partner institution with the Posse Foundation in 2012. Undergraduate Admission and Posse Los Angeles selected the first class of 10 Posse Scholars, who began their undergraduate career in fall 2013.
- Northwestern University Graduate School - The mission of The Graduate School (TGS) of Northwestern University is to be a trusted, responsive, visionary leader and partner in order to maintain and promote the highest quality master’s and doctoral education. TGS collaborates with a number of schools to guide and sustain an institutional culture that facilitates excellence in teaching, innovation and rigor in research and the personal and intellectual growth of its diverse student population.
- Office of Global Safety and Security - The Office of Global Safety and Security supports the health, safety and security of students, faculty and staff who travel abroad for a variety of reasons under university support or sponsorship. In collaboration with colleagues across campus, as well as partners in the US and abroad, the office strives to be creative, proactive and responsive as well as to emulate and set best practices in this new and growing specialty.
- Office of Residential Academic Initiatives - As a partnership between the Division of Student Affairs and the Office of the Provost, the Office of Residential Academic Initiatives (ORAI) fosters a seamless undergraduate experience for students who live on campus. Along with stewardship of the residential college system and cultivation of the newer residential community model, ORAI is responsible for campus-wide initiatives that provide faculty engagement, academic programming, and academic support in all residential spaces, including traditional residence halls.
- Office of Undergraduate Research - The Office of Undergraduate Research strives to integrate student learning with experiences in the world beyond the classroom. The office provides opportunities for undergraduates to do independent projects, putting coursework and academic theory into practice.
- Posner Summer Fellowship Program - This program provides summer research funds for students from underrepresented groups who are at earlier stages than students eligible for most other funding sources. Fellowship winners will typically be freshmen and sophomores, and their research plans may be more preliminary.
- Undergraduate Learning Abroad - The Office of Undergraduate Learning Abroad (ULA) is the first stop for undergraduates seeking a global learning experience. ULA unites the former Study Abroad Office and Office of International Program Development in a single team dedicated to meeting Northwestern students’ diverse overseas learning needs. Through ULA and the Global Engagement Studies Institute, Northwestern offers credit-bearing study abroad, exchange, and academic internship opportunities that prepare students for success in today’s interconnected world.