Welcome to University Career Services
Locations & Hours
620 Lincoln Street, Evanston, IL
Phone: (847) 491-3700
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday through Friday (Year round)
Make an appointment: Schedule a meeting with your career counselor or advisor via CareerCat.
Express Hours in the Express Advising Center
Hours: 2-4 p.m. Monday through Friday*
Location: Main Library, Core Reserve, 2nd Floor, Evanston, IL
- Take a trek with UCS! Learn about our September career treks to New York City (media and marketing) & Washington D.C. (law, government and policy). Find more information about the career trek programs, info sessions (April 21) and application deadlines (April 30).
- Are you interested in becoming a Career Ambassador? Learn how you can become an integral part of UCS for the 2014-2015 academic year. Apply through CareerCat by May 12 (Search ‘Student Ambassador,’ ID 96233).
- Upcoming UCS Workshops: Last Minute Internship Search on Thursday, April 24 at 4 p.m. in Norris, Rock Room (no registration required) and Building a Better Resume: How to Market Your Transferable Skills on Wednesday, April 30 from 4-5 p.m. in Norris, Wildcat Room or Thursday, May 1 from 4-5 p.m. in Norris, Northwestern Room. Please RSVP in CareerCat > Workshops.
- Are you participating in the Northwestern Externship Program (NEXT) this spring? Enter our photo contest starting Tuesday, March 25 for a chance to win a professional gear prize pack!
- On the Blog: Top picks for internships with IBM, Warner Music and Prudential from UCS' student employees.
- Want internship opportunities delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to UCS’ internship information listserv.
- Are you a Northwestern alum or current Northwestern student intern interested in contributing to our blog? Email UCS with “UCS Blog” in the subject line for more information.
UCS Express Hours
Monday through Friday 2-4 p.m. in the Express Advising Center in the Main Library, 2nd Floor, Core Reserve. Meetings last 15 minutes.
Express hours can be used for quick questions, resume/CV reviews, cover letter reviews or to find out more about UCS and our services.
CareerCat is our online internship/job search system and provides students, alumni and employers access to apply or post full-time, internship, part-time and summer employment opportunities.
Please note: For CareerCat technical support, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwestern Student CareerCat Access - Access using your netID & password (Note: Avoid using Firefox as your browser to access CareerCat)
Attention: CareerCat FAQ for Students
Northwestern Alumni CareerCat Access
Northwestern Postdoc CareerCat Access
Employer CareerCat Access
Attend Our Workshops & Events
UCS offers workshops on a variety of topics related to your career development, as well as hosts information sessions, networking events and career fairs. For the most current listing of events please go to Planit Purple and please mark your calendars.
University Career Services would like to know when you experience success in your career search: a job, an internship or a new career opportunity and how UCS assisted in your success. Share your story and possibly be featured on our website.
Explore the UCS Website
Be sure to get to know all of the UCS services and advice by visiting the following sections of our website:
- About Us
- Students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Faculty & Staff
- Programs & Events