This page addresses several types of expenses that require special attention in federally sponsored research.
- Budget & Expense Account Codes: Information on the budget and account codes used to classify different types of expenses in NUFinancials.
- Consultants: Policies and procedures for the use of outside consultants in sponsored research.
- Equipment: University policies and federal requirements for the use of large instruments and machines.
- Immigration Fees: Policies for involving researchers from a foreign country on certain federally sponsored projects.
- Subcontracts: Monitoring awards that fund subrecipients from other institutions.
- Sponsored Travel: Overlapping Northwestern University policies and federal requirements that govern travel by sponsored project investigators on business related to their research project.
- Unallowable Costs: List of expenses not allowed on federally sponsored research projects.