With strong direction and administrative support, our large university runs smoothly.
Learn more about our leadership, as well as key administrative offices such as Human Resources and Information Technology.
President Morton Schapiro, Provost Daniel Linzer and Executive Vice President Nim Chinniah lead Northwestern, which is governed by a Board of Trustees.
Senior administration at Northwestern
- Morton O. Schapiro, President
- Daniel I. Linzer, Provost
- Nim Chinniah, Executive Vice President
- Mary L. Baglivo, Vice President for Global Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer
- Pamela S. Beemer, Vice President for Human Resources
- Alan K. Cubbage, Vice President for University Relations
- John D'Angelo, Vice President for Facilities Management
- Dévora Grynspan, Vice President for International Relations
- Philip Harris, Vice President and General Counsel
- James M. Hurley, Vice President for Budget and Planning
- Bruce C. Layton, Special Assistant to the President for Government Relations
- Eugene Y. Lowe, Jr., Assistant to the President
- Marilyn McCoy, Vice President for Administration and Planning
- William H. McLean, Vice President and Chief Investment Officer
- Robert E. McQuinn, Vice President for Alumni Relations and Development
- Eric G. Neilson, Vice President for Medical Affairs
- James J. Phillips, Vice President for Athletics and Recreation
- Judith Remington, Director for the Office of the President and Assistant to the President
- Sean B. Reynolds, Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
- Ingrid S. Stafford, Vice President for Finance Operations and Treasurer
- Patricia Telles-Irvin, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Joseph Jay Walsh, Vice President for Research
- Sally E. Blount, Kellogg School of Management
- Everette E. Dennis, Northwestern University in Qatar
- Thomas F. Gibbons, School of Professional Studies
- Bradley J. Hamm, Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications
- Dwight A. McBride, The Graduate School
- Toni-Marie Montgomery, Henry and Leigh Bienen School of Music
- Eric G. Neilson, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Barbara J. O'Keefe, School of Communication
- Julio M. Ottino, Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Penelope L. Peterson, School of Education and Social Policy
- Sarah M. Pritchard, Libraries
- Adrian W. B. Randolph, Judd A. and Marjorie Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Daniel B. Rodriguez, Pritzker School of Law
Northwestern employs more than 8,800 full-time faculty and staff members who take advantage of excellent retirement and health care benefits as well as educational assistance. It's a great place to work.
Technology is integrated into all aspects of life at Northwestern. Offices like NUIT (Northwestern University Information Technology) provide technical support and computing assistance for students, faculty and staff.