Wildcard Photo Submission
Northwestern University students, faculty, and staff are issued a campus Wildcard, the official Northwestern photo identification card. Once you have received your Northwestern NetID, you are able to submit your Wildcard photo. Please review the criteria outlined below before taking your picture.
You will be required to show an official picture ID (driver's license, state ID, or a valid, unexpired passport) when you pick up your Wildcard.
Wildcard Photo Requirements
- Recent color photo
- White, smooth background (Tip: Use a white towel, sheet or large piece of paper as a backdrop.)
- Bright, even lighting
- Centered, frontal view of full face – no profile
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone
- Eyes open and visible (wear prescription glasses if you normally do so)
- Acceptable file format: .jpg file format
- Minimum size: 600px by 600px
- Maximum file size: 2 MB
Acceptable Photo Examples
Unacceptable Wildcard Photos
- Hats, sunglasses, or other items that obscure your face
- Glare on glasses, shadows
- Other visible people or objects in the photo
- Inappropriate expressions or gestures
- Senior portraits or school photos
Unacceptable Photo Examples
To view more examples of acceptable and unacceptable ID images, visit the U.S. Department of State website.