Skip to main content

Specialized Reporting

Specific concerns can be addressed by contacting the following subject matter resources.

Academic Integrity

Visit the Academic Integrity page on the Office of the Provost website to find counseling, contact information, and links to individual school-based processes for reporting violations of policies governing academic integrity.


Report potential violations of Northwestern's Reasonable Accommodation Policy related to the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Office of Civil Rights and Title IX Compliance
(847) 467-6165

(847) 467-5530

Submit a Disability Grievance

Animal Research

Report concerns related to the humane and ethical treatment of animals in research.

Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)

(847) 467-ACUC

Report Animal Research Concerns



Report violations of NCAA, Big Ten Conference or University athletic policies.

Athletics Compliance

Kristina Minor
Associate Athletic Director for Compliance
(847) 467-1444

Campus Crime Reporting (Clery Act)

Report a crime experienced or witnessed on campus to a Campus Security Authority (CSA).  CSAs are people working on campus who have the training and authority to report crimes on campus. CSAs can get in touch with police on behalf of the person reporting.

Report a Crime to a Campus Security Authority

Discrimination or Harassment

Report violations of Northwestern's Policy on Discrimination and Harassment.

Office of Civil Rights and Title IX Compliance
(847) 491-6697

Submit a Discrimination or Harassment Report

Hate or Bias Incidents

Report hate or bias related incidents to the Bias Incident Response Team (BIRT) at Respect NU.



Report violations of Northwestern's Policy on Hazing.

Submit a Hazing Incident Report

Human Participant Research

Report concerns related to research projects and the rights of human research participants.

Institutional Review Board (IRB) Office
(312) 503-9338

Report a Human Participant Research Concern

Information Technology

Report a possible information security breach or violation of Northwestern IT policies to Northwestern Information Technology.

Report a security Incident

Report an IT Policy Violation

Missing Student

If you believe a Northwestern University student is missing, contact University Police immediately at (847) 491-3456.

Report a Missing Student through CAESAR

Property damage, accidents, and workplace injuries

Report accidents, workplace injuries, and damage to property to the Office of Risk Management (NetID login required).

Submit an Incident Report

Research Lab Safety

Report a safety incident that occurred during the performance of laboratory work activities.

Office for Research Safety
(847) 491-3741 (Evanston)
(312) 503-8649 (Chicago)



Research Misconduct

Report incidents of research misconduct (serious and deliberate deviation from commonly accepted research practices).

Office of Research Integrity
(312) 503-0054

Report Research Misconduct

Sexual Misconduct

Report alleged violations of Northwestern's Policy on Institutional Equity, or Interim Policy on Title IX Sexual Harassment.

Office of Civil RIghts and TItle IX Compliance: Sexual Misconduct

(847) 467-6165

Submit a Sexual Misconduct Report


Student Behavior

Report issues or incidents of concern involving Northwestern students to NU Help.

Submit a Report Related to a Student

Threatening Behavior (Wildcats Aware)

Report non-emergency concerns about threatening statements or troubling behaviors to Northwestern's Behavioral Consultation Team:

Submit a Wildcats Aware: Concerning Behavior Report