Special Instructions for International Students
In order to redeem your link for a free copy of The Story of More, by Hope Jahren, you will need an Amazon account with a U.S. billing address.
- If you already have an Amazon.com account with a US billing address, please go to step 4. Make sure that you are using your primary Amazon account. Content cannot be switched between accounts.
- If you do not already have an Amazon.com account with a US billing address, you’ll need to start by first creating an account by visiting this link. Note that you do not have to enter a credit card number in order to create an account. However, you do need to have a US “billing address.”
- If you already know the address where you will live when you arrive in the US you can enter that address.
- If you do not know your Illinois address yet, please enter this address: 1850 Campus Drive, Room 112/113, Evanston, Il. 60208. When you know your real address, you can go into your account information screen and replace this address with your actual address.
- The other option is to switch your country of record on your existing Amazon.com account in order to receive your content and then switch back. *directions below
- Once you have created an Amazon.com account or changed your country of record, open the email you received from Northwestern’s One Book One program and click the redemption link.
Transfer Your Amazon Account
To transfer your Amazon account from your current Amazon website to your local Amazon website:
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices and click the Preferences tab.
- Under Country Settings, click Change.
- Select or enter your address, and then click Update.
- If you are eligible to purchase digital content from another Amazon website, follow the onscreen prompts to learn more about what will happen if you transfer accounts.
- When you're ready, select the option to transfer your account to complete the process. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201248840