ARTica's Special Events and Seasonal Projects
On this page: Spring Special Promotion, Wood slices, DIY Bisque To-Go, & Canvas Painting
ART POP UP
Located on the first floor (former Starbucks location)* Starbucks has relocated to the Ground Floor.
This temporary Pop Up is sponsored by ARTica Studios and features art and pottery by ARTica Staff, Ceramic Studio Members, Mini Course Instructors, Ceramic Studio Members Mini Course Students, and ARTica Activity Participants. The Art and Pottery on display are currently not for sale but will accept inquiries on making a purchase. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org. Pop up will feature a free demo and activity Monday - Friday. Seating and supplies are limited. Check this website for updated weekly information.
Check out PARTica on Friday, May 12th, at Norris South Lawn.
It’s the best art party on campus! Free canvas painting (11X14 size), clay play- pinch a pot or bowl, make a sun print, a fun, creative process or tie dye a shirt for Dillo Day.
Register online here for your free activities.
Inclement weather- The event will be held in ARTica Studios, Norris Underground. Please note there are a limited number of white tee shirts available for purchase at $5 each. You may bring your own shirt or other item to dye.
No experience is necessary for these activities. You will be given basic instructions to get your creativity in motion.
Spring Special Promotion
Special Prices for special limited bisque. Come to ARTica and decorate these little gems!
- Little Birdy Dish- $5- Very special bisque tweet
- Little Elephant Planter-$7 Makes a great special gift
- Little Message Plate- $7 Express yourself
- Little Piggy Bank- $6 Deposit small change
- Little Whale Spoon Rest $6 – Not just for spoons, can hold jewelry and more
DIY Projects to Go: Wood Slice Painting $10.00
- Tempera Paints ( Choice of up to 7 colors)
- Wood Plank
- 3 Brush Pack
- Adhesive wall hook for hanging your piece
- Modge podge to seal your painting on the wood
- Apply 2 coats of Mod Podge once paint dries
You have a choice of selecting up to 7 of the following colors (availability will vary)
- Draw a design in pencil directly on the wood before you paint your design or just get right to painting!
- When completed -let the paint dry completely
- Once the paint is dry- use foam brush to apply a layer of Modge Podge to waterproof the surface. Let the first layer dry and put on a second layer.
Recommend Painting on One Side Only!
Clean Up Instructions
- Paints are washable but may still stain, work on newspaper or some type of table covering
- Wash brushes with warm water until they are clean
- Allow the Modge Podge on the surface to completely dry
DIY To Go!
ARTica now has many projects you can purchase online here for DIY TO GO. Come to ARTica Monday through Friday 12-4:00 pm to pick up the materials and complete the project on your own time at home!
Pictures of what each bisque piece looks like can be found here.
Materials we provide includes:
- chosen bisque piece
- 3 brushes
- choice of 5 glaze colors you select- BY NUMBER!
- glazing instructions
Include your glaze selections in the Special instructions on the Online Menu or email them to email@example.com
Glaze your piece at home and then drop it off at ARTica Studios for firing.
You must also return the brushes clean and any unused glazes. Once your bisque piece is fired you are ready to take it home and enjoy your new piece!
Make sure to follow the instructions provided for the best results.
For color options please choose 5 of the following glazes by number.
- canvas (Sizes 8X10, 12X12 11X14 and 16X20)
- 5 acrylic paint colors (2ozs -white, black, red, yellow, blue)
- 3 brushes
- color mixing chart
- paper plate
- palette stick
- 2 sheets of mix media paper
- information sheet.
Prices range from $7-$20