All participants in the MSES program are responsible for their tuition and fees in accordance with the schedules established by Northwestern.
The following fees represent tuition costs and program-affiliated expenses for the 2023-2024 academic year. (Prospective students: please note that any annual tuition changes are typically announced by the University in April/May for the upcoming academic year; this page will be updated accordingly):
- Full-time tuition is $21,550 per quarter (due Nov. 1, Jan. 1, and Apr. 1) totaling $64,650 for the full program tenure.
- Estimated cost of living is $7,995 per quarter (for room and board, books, personal expenses, etc.) Your actual expenses will vary depending on your living situation and circumstances. This estimate is the maximum value for federal student loan programs.
- Student Activity Fees are $125 per quarter (covers the cost of unlimited public transit during the program)
- Northwestern student health insurance is $5,144 annually
- Northwestern requires all degree-seeking students to carry the appropriate health insurance coverage. Consequently, the University defaults each student into the Northwestern Student Health Insurance Plan (NU-SHIP) for the quarter they are admitted.
- Newly admitted students must confirm enrollment or waive NU-SHIP during that quarter’s open enrollment period.
- For additional information about NU-SHIP coverage, confirming or waiving NU-SHIP enrollment, or annual Northwestern insurance requirements, please see the Northwestern Student Insurance website.
- Student Health Services Fees are $266 per quarter (new fee for graduate students; supports recently improved and expanded health and wellness programs available to students)
Prospective students are highly encouraged to carefully review the Financing and Aid page for a breakdown of various types of financial support available. Questions about student loans may be directed to the Evanston Office of Graduate Financial Aid, at firstname.lastname@example.org.