Reviewing a Disclosure
Northwestern policy asks that managers review the disclosures of their staff. Staff disclosures are routed for review based on information in the "Reports To" section of myHR.
Faculty disclosures are reviewed by their respective dean's offices. More information for review of faculty disclosures can be found in the Faculty Approver Quick Tips guide.
To review a staff member's disclosure:
- Log into the eDisclosure site with your NetID and password
- In the gray box in upper left hand corner of the screen, click "COI Reviewer Page"
- Any disclosures from your staff that require review will be in the "Staff Annual Disclosures: Need Review" tab
- Click the link for each staff member, and review their responses under "Disclosure Information"
- Click "Record Staff Review" and select your determination and rationale
- Click "Ok" and you are done!
Additional details including screenshots can be found in the Staff Approver Quick Tips guide.
When reviewing a disclosure, it is important to consider the following questions:
- Do these activities interfere with the individual's commitment to their Northwestern responsibilities?
- Did the activities use Northwestern resources more than incidentally?
- Could the activities be perceived as influencing the individual's, or department's, decision making in Northwestern work?