Completing a Disclosure
Disclosure of outside professional activities and financial interests that relate to your role(s) and responsibilities at Northwestern is required by Northwestern's Policy on Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment.
General instructions for completing or updating a disclosure:
- Log into the eDisclosure system using your NetID and password
- Click the "Disclose" button on the left side of the screen
- Follow the system prompts, answering any questions
- Click "Submit" on the last page
Tips for what to disclose or not disclose include:
- Is the activity related to what you do at Northwestern? If so, it should be disclosed. If not, it likely does not need to be disclosed.
- Mutual funds or holdings in a retirement account do not need to be disclosed.
- The disclosure asks about outside activities and financial interests that relate to your role at Northwestern, not just self-identified conflicts of interest. While self-identified conflicts should definitely be disclosed, responding honestly and completely is an important best practice that allows Northwestern to demonstrate that Northwestern work is free from even the perception that decisions were biased by personal gain.
Want a few examples? See the What to Disclose? page for more information and examples of what should and should not be disclosed.Note: For researchers looking for information on how to disclose a foreign relationship in Other Support or Current and Pending Support documentation to federal sponsors, Sponsored Research has developed a webpage providing guidance and consolidating agency requirements.