Conflict of Interest Office
Northwestern University is dedicated to integrity in its academic, research, and business activities. As part of this mission, NUCOI oversees and implements the University's institutional, research, faculty, and staff conflict of interest policies and procedures, ensures University compliance with applicable conflict of interest regulatory requirements, provides guidance and support to the University community regarding conflict of interest policies, systems, standards, and procedures, and administers and supports the activities of University Conflict of Interest Committees.
Annual Process Opens February 1
If you received an email asking you to complete your annual disclosure, please do so by March 1.
If you need help...
- With your NetID password, go to NUValidate to check or reset your password
- Understanding what to disclose, examples are available on the What to Disclose? page
- Reviewing a staff member's disclosure, instructions are available under Review a Disclosure
How can we help?
Recent Notices and Updates
The Policy on Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment was recently revised and approved. The substantive revisions include:
- Requiring a disclosure upon hire as a part of onboarding;
- Disclosure obligations for faculty and staff were aligned to simplify document and provide consistency. Definition of “financial interest” for faculty and staff was unified;
- Reducing the threshold for required disclosures of equity interests in non-public entities from 5% to zero/any (already the disclosure threshold for faculty and staff subject to the Conflict of Interest in Research policy);
- Expressly excluding publishing and textbook royalties from disclosure obligations; and
- Clarifying language in the gifts section.
Please feel free to reach out at any time by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 847.467.4515