- CAPS has a staff psychiatrist who is in the Chicago office two days each week.
- Psychiatric services at Chicago CAPS includes a wide range of services including assessment, medication consultation, and medication management.
- Student are eligible for psychiatric services at CAPS only when they are in concurrent therapy at CAPS which follows a brief treatment model.
- Medication management without concurrent therapy at CAPS is not offered by CAPS psychiatrists.
- Students who are prescribed psychotropic medications by an outside provider need to transfer medication management services to the CAPS psychiatrist if they are being seen at CAPS for individual therapy.
- If you are in need of a local psychiatrist to provide medication management services only or you are in need of longer-term psychiatric services, CAPS staff will assist you with a referral to a community provider.
- For students who are not established in individual therapy at CAPS, please be aware that the CAPS psychiatrist is unable to provide bridge prescriptions.