All schedules times are approximate. Timetables and other information on this page are subject to change. We make every effort to post an accurate schedule; however, travel times may change as a result of summer festivities and traffic conditions including road construction and inclement weather. Please allow for extra travel time during these instances.
All shuttles are wheelchair-accessible and registered service animals are permitted. Please note that lab chemicals and lab equipment containing chemicals (e.g. vials, beakers, etc.) are not permitted on the NU shuttles.
Valid Wildcard or guest wristband required
Shuttles are a free service for University students, faculty and staff, with presentation of a valid WildCARD or Guest Wristband. Some routes also accept Garrett-Evangelical ID cards and NU ID cards for contractors, student spouse/partners, and temp/part-time employees.
Expired Wildcards will not be accepted. If your Wildcard is expired, you have two options:
- You do not ride the bus, and the bus driver returns the expired card. You take the card to the nearest Wildcard office to obtain a free replacement (assuming you are eligible).
- You can ride the bus one-way, but the driver will confiscate the expired card. It will not be returned to you. You must then go to the nearest Wildcard office and pay a fee for a new card (assuming you are eligible).
Shuttle guest wristbands
Guest Wristbands are available for Northwestern University business guests to ride the Intercampus Shuttle during non-commuting hours.
- Wristbands are intended for guests of NU faculty and staff visiting campus on official university business.
- Guests will only be allowed to ride the Intercampus Shuttle between 9:30 am – 4:00 pm and after 6:30 pm.
- Up to 10 wristbands may be requested at a time and charged to a chart string.
- Each wristband costs $2.
Please note: Department letters will no longer be accepted to ride the Intercampus Shuttle; wristbands must be used. To submit your wristband request to Transportation Services electronically, download the Shuttle Wristband Request Form (pdf). If this wristband will not meet your needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-503-8129.
Large groups on the shuttles
If you need to travel with a group of six or more people at a time on one of the shuttles, please contact Transportation Services at 312-503-4147 or email@example.com. Due to shuttle capacity issues, we encourage the use of alternative transportation for large groups. We serve the entire campus community and our routes are based on average ridership levels. Transportation Services also offers Charter Services for a fee.
- Have the required ID or shuttle credential ready when boarding the shuttle bus. This ensures that the shuttle will remain on schedule and not delay fellow passengers. Drivers are instructed to be firm on the ID policy.
- Allow passengers to exit before boarding the bus. If you stand to the left of the door, passengers can disembark to the right, and it will reduce boarding time.
- When capacity reaches standing room, move toward the back of the bus for others to get on. For safety reasons, stay behind the yellow line and avoid standing or sitting in the stairwells.
- No open food or drink, littering or smoking allowed on the bus.
- In accordance with Illinois Vehicle Code, drivers will not allow passenger to board and disembark the bus unless it is at an established stop.
- Keep your volume down as not everyone shares your interest in music or conversation.
- Please check for all personal possessions before disembarking the vehicle.
- The shuttle system is intended to transport faculty, staff, and students, and our highest priority is to ensure passenger safety on every trip. Due to space constraints and safety concerns, we discourage use of the shuttles to transport children, but we understand it may be necessary on occasion. Please review our policy regarding children and strollers.
If you have a negative comment about your shuttle experience, please share it with Transportation Services and not directly with the driver. Some comments can make it stressful for the driver. With safety in mind, any feedback is better shared when the driver is not driving on a route. Contact Transportation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 312-503-8129, or provide feedback through our Shuttle Feedback form.
The Lost and Found number is 708-474-7474.
Service updates can be obtained by calling 847-467-5284.