Cable and TV Service
Most common lounges have television and cable provided.
XFINITY on Campus
This year, Residential Services is teaming up with Comcast to provide students living on campus access to XFINITY on Campus. Through XFINITY on Campus, residents may access XFINITY On Demand and live TV networks including NBC, AMC, TBS, ESPN, and more. Residents can access this service via laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
How to Access Xfinity on Campus
- Connect to the wired or wireless Northwestern Network on campus.
- Go to the Xfinity on Campus site.
- Select Northwestern University from the dropdown menu.
- Log in with your NetID and password.
- Click on the "Start Watching" button to launch the Xfinity on Campus player.
Over 130 live channels are included in the basic service that is included in the on-campus housing fee.
Optional subscriptions to premium channels such as HBO, SHOWTIME, Starz, and more are available for purchase by eligible students from Comcast.
- Channel List
- Xfinity on Campus Support
- Xfinity on Campus Troubleshooting Guide (PDF)
- Order supplementary cable tv services
- Status of the campus network
- Check your NetID password
IT Support Center
Central service desk for students, faculty, and staff.
Submit a Support Request