Northwestern Employees can establish the following accounts to reimburse certain expenses:
Flexible Spending Accounts
These accounts are designed to reimburse eligible expenses with money set aside from your earnings that is not subject to federal income or Social Security taxes. Participants submit claims to PayFlex, the claims administrator.
- The Health Care and Limited Use FSA reimburses health, dental and vision care expenses.
- The Dependent Care FSA reimburses dependent care expenses that allow you and your spouse to work.
- Review the Summary Plan Description
- Individuals must re-enroll online during Open Enrollment to continue FSA participation for the next year.
- Register for an online account with PayFlex using your employee ID on your Wildcard and your home zip code.
- Questions on how to activate your PayFlex Card? Review the answers to some FAQs
- The Northwestern University employer code at PayFlex is 100398.
Health Savings Accounts
A Health Savings Account is designed to reimburse eligible healthcare expenses with money set aside from your earnings that is not subject to federal income or Social Security taxes.
Review the Summary Plan Description .