Welcome to University Career Services
**Starting June 9: Please find University Career Services at its temporary home located at 2020 Ridge (4th floor) in Evanston through summer 2014. We will return to 620 and 630 Lincoln in September**
Locations & Hours
2020 Ridge, 4th Floor, Evanston, IL
Please note: 2020 Ridge is UCS' temporary home for summer 2014. The office will return to 620 Lincoln St. in fall 2014.
Phone: (847) 491-3700
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday through Friday (Year round)
Make an appointment: Schedule a meeting with your career counselor or advisor via CareerCat.
Summer Express Hours
Tuesday, June 24 - Thursday, August 28
Days and Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Location: Main Library, 2nd Floor, Core
- UCS has a new (temporary) home for the summer! Find us on the 4th floor of 2020 Ridge through summer 2014. UCS will return to 620 and 630 Lincoln in the fall.
- A summary of the career paths and pursuits of the undergraduate class of 2013 six months after graduation is now available in our post-graduation report, Beyond Northwestern.
- Want internship opportunities delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to UCS’ internship information listserv.
- Are you a Northwestern alum or current Northwestern student intern interested in contributing to our blog? Email UCS with “UCS Blog” in the subject line for more information.
UCS Express Hours
Starting Tuesday, June 24: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the UCS Express Advising Center in the Main Library, 2nd Floor, Core. Meetings last 15 minutes.
Express hours can be used for quick questions, resume/CV reviews, cover letter reviews or to find out more about UCS and our services.
CareerCat is our online internship/job search system and provides students, alumni and employers access to apply or post full-time, internship, part-time and summer employment opportunities.
Please note: For CareerCat technical support, email email@example.com
Northwestern Student CareerCat Access - Access using your netID & password (Note: Avoid using Firefox as your browser to access CareerCat)
Attention: CareerCat FAQ for Students
Northwestern Alumni CareerCat Access
Northwestern Postdoc CareerCat Access
Employer CareerCat Access
Attend Our Workshops & Events
UCS offers workshops on a variety of topics related to your career development, as well as hosts information sessions, networking events and career fairs. For the most current listing of events please go to Planit Purple and please mark your calendars.
University Career Services would like to know when you experience success in your career search: a job, an internship or a new career opportunity and how UCS assisted in your success. Share your story and possibly be featured on our website.
Explore the UCS Website
Be sure to get to know all of the UCS services and advice by visiting the following sections of our website:
- About Us
- Students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Faculty & Staff
- Programs & Events