Welcome to University Career Services
**Meet 140+ employers at the two-day 2014 Fall Internship and Job Fair on Tues., Sept. 30 and Wed., Oct. 1 from 12-4 p.m. in Norris, 2nd Floor.**
Locations & Hours
620 Lincoln Street, Evanston, IL
Phone: (847) 491-3700
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday through Friday (Year round)
Make an appointment: Schedule a meeting with your career counselor or advisor via CareerCat.
Express Advising Hours
Monday, September 15 – Monday, September 22
Days and Hours: Monday - Friday from 2-4 p.m.
Location: Main Library, 2nd Floor, Core
All-Day Express Hours
Tuesday, September 23 – Monday, September 29
Hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Location: 620 Lincoln St.
**Please note that during all-day express hours, individual appointments will not be scheduled so that we may accommodate as many students as possible for fall internship and job fair preparation. Regular express hours (M-F 2-4 p.m. in the Main Library) and scheduled appointments will resume Oct. 2.
- Meet 140+ employers at the Northwestern UCS 2014 Fall Internship and Job Fair on Tuesday, September 30 and Wednesday, October 1 from 12-4 p.m. in Norris, 2nd Floor. Plus: Get a free professional photo from 12:30-2:30 p.m. on both days, with sign-ups starting at noon for the first time slot - first-come, first-served. Log into CareerCat (under events) for a full list of attending employers.
- Company info sessions the week of Sept. 22: UCS Corporate Sponsors PwC Consulting and Strategy&, UCS Corporate Sponsor Accenture, A.T. Kearney and UCS Corporate Sponsor Deloitte Consulting. Log into CareerCat > Events > Info Sessions for details.
- Join admissions representatives from law, business and engineering schools this fall to learn about their programs and admission processes. Georgetown Law School is the first to visit on Wednesday, September 24 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. in Norris, Rock Room.
- Find unique and interesting internship and job opportunities in all fields daily on our new Twitter account @JobsforCats!
- RSVP for the free Chicago Graduate and Professional School Fair at UIC on Thursday, Oct. 2 to meet representatives from more than 225 graduate and professional schools.
- A summary of the career paths and pursuits of the undergraduate class of 2013 six months after graduation is now available in our post-graduation report, Beyond Northwestern.
- Want internship opportunities delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to UCS’ internship information listserv.
- Are you a Northwestern alum or current Northwestern student intern interested in contributing to our blog? Email UCS with “UCS Blog” in the subject line for more information.
UCS Express Hours
Monday, September 15 - Monday, September 22: Monday-Friday from 2-4 p.m. at the UCS Express Advising Center in the Main Library, 2nd Floor, Core. Meetings last 15 minutes.
Tuesday, September 23 - Monday, September 29: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (all day) at the main UCS office at 620 Lincoln St. During all-day express hours, individual appointments will not be scheduled so that we may accommodate as many students as possible for fall internship and job fair preparation. Regular express hours (M-F 2-4 p.m. in the Main Library) and scheduled appointments will resume Oct. 2.
Express hours can be used for quick questions, resume/CV reviews, cover letter reviews or to find out more about UCS and our services.
CareerCat is our online internship/job search system and provides students, alumni and employers access to apply or post full-time, internship, part-time and summer employment opportunities.
Please note: For CareerCat technical support, email email@example.com
Northwestern Student CareerCat Access - Access using your netID & password (Note: Avoid using Firefox as your browser to access CareerCat)
Attention: CareerCat FAQ for Students
Northwestern Alumni CareerCat Access
Northwestern Postdoc CareerCat Access
Employer CareerCat Access
Attend Our Workshops & Events
UCS offers workshops on a variety of topics related to your career development, as well as hosts information sessions, networking events and career fairs. For the most current listing of events please go to Planit Purple and please mark your calendars.
Explore the UCS Website
Be sure to get to know all of the UCS services and advice by visiting the following sections of our website:
- About Us
- Students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Faculty & Staff
- Programs & Events