Welcome to University Career Services
Locations & Hours
620 Lincoln Street, Evanston, IL
Phone: (847) 491-3700
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (Year round)
Make an appointment: Online scheduling is now live! Schedule a meeting with your career counselor or advisor via CareerCat – no phone call necessary.
Express Hours in the Express Advising Center
Main Library, Core Reserves Section, 2nd Floor, Evanston, IL
Express Hours: 2 - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday (Last day for fall quarter is Friday, Dec. 6)
- Summer opportunities await you in the New Year! Explore internships, full-time positions, travel, experiential learning and more at the Winter 2014 Internship & Job Fair on Thursday, January 9 from 12-4 p.m. in Norris, 2nd Floor! Plus, don’t miss our LinkedIn Photo Booth from 12:30-2:30 p.m., first-come, first-served!
- Beyond the fair: UCS offers a line-up of programs and opportunities for winter recruiting season to help you explore your options and connect with employers.
- Did you join our Fall LinkedIn Photo Booth on Nov. 20? Photos are available now through Jan. 2, 2014 to download on our Facebook page.
- Online scheduling is now live! Schedule a meeting with your career counselor or advisor via CareerCat – no phone call necessary! Do you know your career advisor? All Northwestern undergraduate and graduate students now have one career advisor to follow them through their entire time at Northwestern.
- On the UCS blog: What's it like to work in the management trainee rotational program at Burger King Corporation? Find out from an NU '13 alum and apply for its internship program in CareerCat!
- Are you a Northwestern alum or current Northwestern student intern interested in contributing to our blog? Email UCS with “UCS Blog” in the subject line for more information.
UCS Express Hours
Fall express hours for current students are held 2-4 p.m. in the Express Advising Center in the Main Library, 2nd Floor, Core Reserve. Meetings last 15 minutes. Fall quarter express hours end on Friday, Dec. 6 and will resume on Monday, Jan. 6.
Express hours can be used for quick questions, resume/CV reviews, cover letter reviews or to find out more about UCS and our services.
CareerCat is our online internship/job search system and provides students, alumni and employers access to apply or post full-time, internship, part-time and summer employment opportunities.
Please note: For CareerCat technical support, email email@example.com
Northwestern Student CareerCat Access - Access using your netID & password (Note: Avoid using Firefox as your browser to access CareerCat)
Attention: CareerCat FAQ for Students
Northwestern Alumni CareerCat Access
Northwestern Postdoc CareerCat Access
Employer CareerCat Access
Attend Our Workshops & Events
UCS offers workshops on a variety of topics related to your career development, as well as hosts information sessions, networking events and career fairs. For the most current listing of events please go to Planit Purple and please mark your calendars.
University Career Services would like to know when you experience success in your career search: a job, an internship or a new career opportunity and how UCS assisted in your success. Share your story and possibly be featured on our website.
Explore the UCS Website
Be sure to get to know all of the UCS services and advice by visiting the following sections of our website:
- About Us
- Students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Faculty & Staff
- Programs & Events