Welcome to University Career Services
Locations & Hours
620 Lincoln Street, Evanston, IL
Phone: (847) 491-3700
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday through Friday (Year round)
Make an appointment: Schedule a meeting with your career counselor or advisor via CareerCat.
Express Advising Hours
Thursday, Oct. 2 - Friday, December 5
Days and Hours: Monday - Friday from 2-4 p.m.
Location: Main Library, 2nd Floor, Core
- Fall Fair Photo Booth: Did you get your free professional photo at our Fall Internship and Job Fair? Photos will be posted to our Facebook page the week of Oct. 20 for retrieval.
- Company info sessions the week of Oct. 20: Palantir Technologies, The Walt Disney Company, Goldman Sachs (UCS Corporate Sponsor). To RSVP, log into CareerCat > Events > Info Sessions.
- Join admissions representatives from graduate and professional schools this fall to learn about their programs and admission processes.
- We’ve updated our social media usernames! Please note that we’re now NUCareerAdvance on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Stay tuned for more!
- Find unique and interesting internship and job opportunities in all fields daily on our new Twitter account @JobsforCats!
- A summary of the career paths and pursuits of the undergraduate class of 2013 six months after graduation is now available in our post-graduation report, Beyond Northwestern.
- Want internship opportunities delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to UCS’ internship information listserv.
- Are you a Northwestern alum or current Northwestern student intern interested in contributing to our blog? Email UCS with “UCS Blog” in the subject line for more information.
UCS Express Hours
Fall Quarter Express Advising runs from Thursday, Oct. 2 through Friday, Dec. 5. Find us at the UCS Express Advising Center in the Main Library, 2nd Floor, Core Monday-Friday from 2-4 p.m.
Express hours can be used for quick questions, resume/CV reviews, cover letter reviews or to find out more about UCS and our services.
CareerCat is our online internship/job search system and provides students, alumni and employers access to apply or post full-time, internship, part-time and summer employment opportunities.
Please note: For CareerCat technical support, email email@example.com
Northwestern Student CareerCat Access - Access using your netID & password (Note: Avoid using Firefox as your browser to access CareerCat)
Attention: CareerCat FAQ for Students
Northwestern Alumni CareerCat Access
Northwestern Postdoc CareerCat Access
Employer CareerCat Access
Attend Our Workshops & Events
UCS offers workshops on a variety of topics related to your career development, as well as hosts information sessions, networking events and career fairs. For the most current listing of events please go to Planit Purple and please mark your calendars.
Explore the UCS Website
Be sure to get to know all of the UCS services and advice by visiting the following sections of our website:
- About Us
- Students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Faculty & Staff
- Programs & Events