Welcome to University Career Services
Locations & Hours
620 Lincoln Street, Evanston, IL
Phone: (847) 491-3700
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday through Friday (Year round)
Make an appointment: Schedule a meeting with your career counselor or advisor via CareerCat.
Express Hours in the Express Advising Center
Hours: 2-4 p.m. Monday through Friday
Location: Main Library, Core Reserve, 2nd Floor, Evanston, IL
- Are you a Northwestern undergrad participating in an unpaid internship this summer? Apply for the 2014 Summer Internship Grant Program (SIGP) through Tuesday, April 15 at 12 p.m. Upcoming information sessions: Tuesday, March 11, 12-1 p.m., Norris, Lake Room & Thursday, April 3, 12-1 p.m., Norris, Wildcat Room and information tables: Tuesday, April 1 and Wednesday, April 2, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Norris, Ground Floor
- On the Blog: Top picks for paid internships outside of Chicago from UCS' student employees.
- Looking for a full-time job or an internship for this summer? Connect with employers on Friday, March 14 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at The 2014 Big Ten Conference Career Expo at Union Station in Indianapolis, Indiana. Register for this free event open exclusively to students and alumni of the Big Ten universities. Can't make it? You can also meet recruiters in a wide range of industries live online at the Hire Big 10 Plus Virtual Career Fair Tuesday, April 8-Thursday, April 10. Register for the Virtual Career Fair and learn more here.
- Want internship opportunities delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to UCS’ internship information listserv.
- Are you a Northwestern alum or current Northwestern student intern interested in contributing to our blog? Email UCS with “UCS Blog” in the subject line for more information.
UCS Express Hours
Regular winter express hours for current students resume on Monday, Jan. 13: Monday through Friday 2-4 p.m. in the Express Advising Center in the Main Library, 2nd Floor, Core Reserve. Meetings last 15 minutes.
Express hours can be used for quick questions, resume/CV reviews, cover letter reviews or to find out more about UCS and our services.
CareerCat is our online internship/job search system and provides students, alumni and employers access to apply or post full-time, internship, part-time and summer employment opportunities.
Please note: For CareerCat technical support, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwestern Student CareerCat Access - Access using your netID & password (Note: Avoid using Firefox as your browser to access CareerCat)
Attention: CareerCat FAQ for Students
Northwestern Alumni CareerCat Access
Northwestern Postdoc CareerCat Access
Employer CareerCat Access
Attend Our Workshops & Events
UCS offers workshops on a variety of topics related to your career development, as well as hosts information sessions, networking events and career fairs. For the most current listing of events please go to Planit Purple and please mark your calendars.
University Career Services would like to know when you experience success in your career search: a job, an internship or a new career opportunity and how UCS assisted in your success. Share your story and possibly be featured on our website.
Explore the UCS Website
Be sure to get to know all of the UCS services and advice by visiting the following sections of our website:
- About Us
- Students (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Faculty & Staff
- Programs & Events