Reserve Your Tickets
Starting on Monday, March 27, you may reserve guest tickets for Commencement.
1. Log-in to the ticket website.
- Visit the Commencement tickets web site and log-in with the following promotion code, and please be sure to include the plus symbol in the code:
- COMM17+StudentID (your StudentID, NOT your NetID, can be found on your Wildcard or on Caesar)
- Example: If your StudentID is 1234567, then your promotion code is COMM17+1234567
2. Request your desired number of tickets.
- There is a maximum of ten (10) tickets for the ceremony per graduate.
3. Indicate accessible seating needs.
- As part of the ten-ticket allotment, students will be permitted to request accessible seating for their guests who require mobility accommodation.
- Please be sure to follow the prompts and indicate how many of your guests will require this type of accessible seating. Visit our Guests with Accessibility Needs page for information pertaining to guests who require sight and hearing accommodations.
4. Create your profile if necessary.
- Once the tickets are reserved, you may be asked to create a profile for your account if you do not already have one in the system.
- If you are a returning customer to the Northwestern University Athletics ticket website, please enter your login information.
- If you are a new customer, please scroll down and create your profile.
A confirmation will then be sent via email to the email address you indicate in your profile. On June 1, your official tickets will be emailed to this same address for you to print.
Please note, only Northwestern University students will be able to reserve and print tickets for the Commencement ceremony. Ticket reservations and adjustments can be made by calling (847-491-3600) or emailing the Commencement office.
Ticket reservations must be placed by May 19, 2017.
Print Your Tickets
- Beginning June 1, 2017, students will be emailed PDF versions of their Commencement tickets to provide to their guests.
- Any person occupying a seat must present a printed ticket for admittance.
- Children under the age of three (3) who will sit in a lap during the entire ceremony do not require a ticket.
- Gates for guest seating open at 8:00 a.m.
- Tickets will assign guests a particular section in Ryan Field, but not specific seats. Guests may sit anywhere in their assigned section.
- Please Note: Graduates need to arrive to Commencement by no later than 8:30 a.m.
- Check the Convocations, Ceremonies & Receptions web page for ticket information regarding your school’s Convocation.