Defensive Driving Course
- Review and understand the provisions of the Safe Driver Program
- Have access to a device with internet capabilities
Student Operational Rules and Trip Management
Permission must be obtained from the Office of Risk Management for any exceptions to these rules
- 4 Hours / 2 Consecutive Hours - Each driver may only drive a total of four hours per day and no more than two consecutive hours.
- All trips over two hours require at least two approved drivers. At least one passenger shall remain awake at all times.
- 5:00 am to 11:00 pm - Drivers are only able to drive between 5:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- 150 Mile Radius – During the week, trips must stay inside of a 150-mile radius. On the weekends, the radius is extended to 300 miles, requiring an overnight stay.
- 10 Hours per Day Total – The maximum a vehicle can be driven in one day is 10 hours.
Download and view the step-by-step guide on how to complete the course.