The incident investigation program provides guidelines for Environmental Health and Safety to conduct investigations following an incident, such as injuries, property damage, or near misses. The purpose is to identify the conditions, behaviors, hazards, and root causes of an incident, and identify and implement corrective actions necessary to prevent similar occurrences. Incident investigations focus on identifying and correcting root causes, not establishing fault.
- Notification and Reporting Requirements
- Scene Preservation and Information Collection
- Root Cause Identification
- Identifying and Implementing Corrective Actions
Documents and Forms
- Incident Investigation Program
- Incident Investigation Form
- Witness Accident Form
- Witness Accident Form (Non-Workers Compensation)
Please use the link below to report an incident. Environmental Health and Safety will review the incident and conduct an investigation if deemed necessary.