The confined space program provides procedures and guidelines for safe entry, exit, and emergency response during confined space operations. This program applies to staff and contractors who enter confined spaces, such as utility vaults, boilers, and tanks, on university property.
- Hazard assessments, atmospheric monitoring, permitting, ventilation, and communication
- Rescue requirements, procedures, and equipment use
- Training requirements
Documents and Forms
- Confined Spaces Program
- Confined Space Assessment Form
- Confined Space Permit
- Confined Space Reclassification Form
- Confined Space Alternate Entry Form
- Bump Test and Calibration Log Sheet
- Guidelines for Contractors Working in Confined Spaces
- Evanston Fire Department Confined Space Rescue Capabilities
To access additional information regarding Northwestern’s confined spaces and tunnels, visit our SharePoint site.
Environmental Health and Safety
Chris YoheEnvironmental / Occupational Health and Safety Specialist Lead