Get AdvisingWelcome to Health Professions Advising (HPA)! We are excited to work with you as you explore your interest in the health professions. We hope you will utilize HPA as a resource as you navigate this path, whether it be through individual advising, drop-in Q&A, or attending various events and workshops over the course of your time at Northwestern and beyond. Health Professions Advising is here to support current undergraduate students and undergraduate alumni of Northwestern! In an effort to meet all of your needs we are operating on a hybrid in-person and remote schedule to accommodate current students as well as alumni. See below for how to get connected to our office and instructions for advising!
Current Northwestern Undergraduate Students
- Already Assigned A Health Professions Advisor? Undergraduates who have been assigned a pre-health advisor can schedule directly via their ConnectNU accounts. Click the "Access ConnectNU" button below!
- Access ConnectNU
- Need help using ConnectNU? View the University's ConnectNU webpage for student resources and instructions.
- Need To Be Assigned A Health Professions Advisor?
- FILL OUT THIS INTAKE FORM
- Incoming first-year students will be assigned to their HPA advisor in September. Those advisor assignments will be emailed out early October
- Incoming transfer students will be assigned to their HPA advisor mid-August. Those advisor assignments will be emailed to you mid to late August
- All other current students will be assigned an advisor and communicated to on a rolling basis as the Intake Survey comes through
Northwestern Undergraduate Alumni
- The advisors at HPA are happy to work with Northwestern undergraduate alumni! We’re available to meet with alumni through in-person appointments, over the phone, or via Zoom. If you are a Northwestern alum interested in working with our advisors, use our appointment request form.
- Please note: This is a service for Northwestern undergraduates and alumni only. Graduate students who did not complete their undergraduate study at Northwestern are eligible for a one-time consultation with an advisor, based on availability. Students and alumni of the Northwestern School of Professional Studies (SPS) are not advised by HPA. Please visit the SPS student advising site for more information. Due to advising demand, we are unable to meet with prospective students at this time.
Prospective Northwestern Undergraduate Students
- Prospective Northwestern undergraduate students can contact our main email line or our "Ask An Advisor" function on the bottom of your page for questions
- At Northwestern, pre-med and pre-health are not majors; instead, they are simply recommended sets of coursework that students opt to take to be prepared to apply to their selected health professions programs. Health professions programs select students with a variety of skills, interests, and majors. Students are not required to major in the sciences, and the pre-health coursework typically pairs well with any major.
- Northwestern offers a breadth of majors among our six academic colleges; choose a major that interests you! If you enjoy what you are learning, you are more likely to be successful during your academic career. Visit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions website for more information on possible majors and minors, as well as instructions and tips for your Northwestern application.
- Explore health careers
Attend An Event
- HPA hosts a variety of events throughout the academic year, such as health professions program visits, application-related workshops, speaker series and more. Visit the events page to register for an HPA event and to learn about other events that may be of interest to pre-health students.
- Explore upcoming events
Subscribe To Stay In The Loop
- Subscribe to the HPA listserv to receive our weekly newsletter and important announcements for pre-health students. Our weekly newsletter includes new internship, volunteer, and job opportunities, as well as other resources.
- Go to sign-up form
Still unable to schedule an appointment or unsure how to get connect with us? Get in touch - we are happy to help!