- senior governing body of the Faculty Senate composed of the Senate leadership (President, Past President, and President Elect) and standing committee chairs.
Senate President Baron Reed, firstname.lastname@example.org
Budget and Planning
- collaborates with administrative offices to ensure that planning processes for the University are aligned with academic values and faculty interests.
Therese McGuire, email@example.com
Committee on Cause
- conducts an initial evaluation of appeals by faculty members in cases where the administration has imposed a sanction or is pursuing suspension or termination for Cause, and makes recommendations to the Provost regarding appeals.
Allan Horwich, firstname.lastname@example.org
- recommends best practices in academic organization, research, and teaching in order to shape the Northwestern educational experience.
Claudia Swan, email@example.com
- revises the Northwestern University Faculty Handbook, which constitutes the contract between the faculty and the University, and advises other committees as needed.
Richard Kieckhefer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Rights and Responsibilities
- attends to policies regarding academic freedom, teaching, research, interpersonal conduct, terms of appointment, promotion and tenure, and related matters, particularly with regard to the Faculty Handbook.
Jennifer Cole, email@example.com
- establishes and proposes changes to the Faculty Senate Bylaws as necessary.
Laurel Harbridge-Yong, firstname.lastname@example.org
- identifies issues and advises on best practices related to non-tenure eligible faculty.
Elsa Alvaro, email@example.com
- addresses issues that impact research-related activities conducted by the faculty.
Thomas Meade, firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary and Benefits
- examines matters related to salary and benefits, including health, education, and child care.
Robert Gordon, email@example.com
Secure Faculty Survey
- develops, implements, and evaluates faculty surveys on a regular basis, and reviews and advises regarding other University survey designs as needed.
Lilah Shapiro, firstname.lastname@example.org
- reviews University policies and practices with regard to fairness, decency, and other community values and responsibilities.
Joshua Hauser, email@example.com
- collaborates with Northwestern student governance associations on issues involving faculty-student interaction.
Karen E. Springen, firstname.lastname@example.org