Violations, Towing & Booting
See Fees & Payment for assessments and ticket payment options.
Vehicles may receive tickets for:
- No valid permit
- Unauthorized permit
- Altered permit
- Incorrect permit for lot
- Valid permit/hang tag not properly displayed
- Sticker not facing aisle
- Parked on walk or grass area
- Blocking or obstructing traffic lanes, service areas, posted areas, hydrants
- Parking over lines or in two spaces
- Expired parking meter
- Over 20 minutes in a loading dock/zone
- Reserved space
- Handicapped space
- Posted fire lane
Any area not designated as a parking space should be considered a no parking zone.
Towing & Booting
Vehicles may be towed or immobilized for:
- Blocking fire lanes.
- Blocking vehicle or pedestrian traffic ways.
- Parking in no-parking areas.
- Abandoned vehicles. Vehicles must not be stored on campus beyond 48 hours.
- Parking that impedes progress of necessary maintenance projects (snow removal, paving, etc).
- Receiving two or more No Valid Permit or Unauthorized Permit violations (whether paid, or under appeal) is subject to commercial towing and/or immobilization up to one year. Violations that are unpaid are subject to commercial towing and/or immobilization indefinitely.
- Receiving four or more violations of any type (whether paid, or under appeal) with a valid permit is subject to commercial towing and/or immobilization up to one year. Violations that are unpaid are subject to commercial towing and/or immobilization indefinitely.
- Parking in a reserved space, handicapped space, tow-away zone or otherwise creating a safety hazard.
If your car is booted, contact Parking Services immediately. In order to get a boot removed, all tickets, fines and boot fees must be paid. Once payment is accepted, the boot will be removed. Failure to make arrangements to have immobilizer (boot) removed will result in the vehicle being commercially towed.
If your car is towed, contact North Shore Towing in Evanston to claim it. You will be responsible for paying the towing fee and any storage fees to North Shore Towing.