Welcome to the Dean of Students Office
In collaboration with our partners, the Dean of Students Office serves, supports, and empowers students and other members of the Northwestern community to promote student success.
- Dean on Call- Assists students and University community members who need counsel and guidance, especially in a crisis situation. The DOC ensures that students in distress receive appropriate referrals and levels of support.
- Off-Campus Life- Assists students with navigating their way as a great Wildcat neighbor within the Evanston/Chicago metro communities.
- Respect NU - Provides a systematic approach to promoting a safe and welcoming campus community for all students.
- Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)- Serves undergraduate, graduate, professional school, and Continuing Studies students on the Evanston and Chicago campuses. Students with disabilities (including hidden medical and diagnosed psychological conditions, learning disabilities, AD/HD, and others) must register with SSD in order to qualify for accommodations and services.
- Student Assistance and Support Services (SASS)-SASS coordinates referrals and services for students to campus and community resources to promote well-being.
- Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution- Provides leadership in resolving student conduct and conflict issues.
However, as a department within the Division of Student Affairs, there is frequent collaboration and partnership with all areas of student life.
We welcome everyone to stop by our offices and Meet the Staff. Our NU community is our family.