Members of our staff are knowledgeable about issues and problems that arise for students and are a good source of information about University resources and policies. We offer general advising as well as referrals to other campus offices, and we help students and families manage academic and non-academic situations as they arise.
Off Campus Life
Living and Renting Off Campus
- About the residence—“Before you sign, read your lease.”
- Evanston City Property Dockets
- Finding Housing
Maps and Directions
- Map of NU Blue Light callboxes—Evanston Campus (pdf)
- Map of NU Blue Light callboxes—Chicago Campus (pdf)
- Off-Campus office maps and directions
- Campus Shuttles
- Evanston campus Shuttle schedule, routes and maps
- Evanston City Bike Map (pdf)
- Intercampus Shuttle schedule, routes and maps
- Northwestern University Police Department Bike Registration and Locks
- NU SafeRide
- NU Shuttle Resources
- Off-Campus Bicycle site
- Off-Campus transportation options
Services for Students with Disabilties (SSD)
Student Affairs Departments
- Campus Inclusion & Community
- Center for Student Involvement
- Graduate Housing
- Multicultural Student Affairs
- LGBT Resource Center
- Office of Student Engagement
- Undergraduate Housing
Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution
Health Promotions and Wellness : The Office of Student Conduct partners with Health Promotions and Wellness to educate students about making healthy choices with alcohol and other drugs in addition to referrals to the Brief Alcohol and Other Drug Screening and Intervention for College Students (BASICS) from student conduct outcomes.
Off Campus Life : Student Conduct directly partners with Off-Campus life to ensure students are finding a “home” off campus and ensuring they are being good stewards of the off campus community. OSCCR may refer students to Off Campus Life to learn more about building partnerships with the community and best practices for event planning at off campus houses.
Center for Awareness, Response, and Education : OSCCR patners with CARE to ensure victims of sexual violence feel supported and connected in a confidential space.
Fraternity and Sorority Life : OSCCR works directly with OFSL to support the men and women affiliated with Greek-letter organizations on campus and aid them in making safe and healthy choices. OSCCR has done presentations with OFSL and the chapter leadership. OSCCR also responds to incidents organizations are implicated in and partner with them to resolve any violations that may have occurred.
City Ordinances : These are a variety of city ordinances that students may find helpful as they live off campus or participate in the Evanston community.
Resources Available to survivors of sexual assault (pdf): Lists a variety of resources beyond CARE.
Consent to Release Records: Students may sign a consent form authorizing the University to release or discuss the details of a student's conduct record or disciplinary incident.
Northwestern University Departments
- Associated Student Government (ASG)
- NU Recycling
- Residential Colleges
- The Writing Place
- Tutoring resources at NU