Norris Satellite Venues
Cahn Auditorium is a 1000 seat venue that is reservable by the Northwestern University Community for large events.
- Cahn Auditorium is equipped and suitable for musical theatre productions, operas, concerts, speeches, convocation ceremonies and other large scale events.
The Guild Lounge in Scott Hall is a unique and attractive facility that is available to Northwestern University Organizations as a space to host special occasions.
- The Guild Lounge may be reserved by Northwestern University Academic Departments, Administrative Offices, and recognized Student Organizations for receptions, meals, lectures, and meetings.
- The Guild Lounge is not suitable for personal parties, wedding receptions, or dances. The Guild Lounge shall not be utilized for regularly scheduled staff, department or committee meetings. The Guild Lounge may not be reserved by organizations or individuals from outside the Northwestern University community.
- The Guild Lounge can accommodate the maximum number of attendees, by event type: Reception: 200, Meals: 130, Lecture/Meeting: 130
Reserve Guild Lounge
Ryan Family Auditorium is a 600 seat smart classroom/lecture hall that is available to Northwestern University Organizations for events on weekday evenings and weekends.
- Ryan Family Auditorium may be reserved by Northwestern University Academic Departments, Administrative Offices, and recognized Student Organizations for speeches, dance recitals, rehearsals, small concerts, films, and presentations. Ryan Family Auditorium may not be reserved by organizations or individuals from outside the Northwestern University community.
- Ryan Family Auditorium is not suitable for receptions or food service of any kind. The lobby of the Technological Institute just outside Ryan Family Auditorium may be reserved as a pre or post function space, however reservations for this space are made separately through the McCormick School of Engineering.
Reserve Ryan Auditorium
The Great Room is a beautiful 1920s dining hall that is available to Northwestern University Organizations for special events, such as receptions, meals, and meetings.
- The Great Room's seating capacity is 68
- There is not a modernized HVAC system in The Great Room (it does have radiators for heating, but no Air Conditioning system). Users who plan an event in The Great Room during times when extreme outdoor temperatures are possible may want to consider booking a backup venue in case the space is uncomfortable.
- There is only one single stall bathroom in The Great Room.
- The Great Room is not an ADA accessible space. Increasing physical access to buildings and facilities is a goal of the University, but not all buildings and venues have been updated.
Reserve Great Room
2122 Performance Hall
2122 Performance Hall is a beautiful facility that is available to Northwestern University and Affiliate Organizations as a space to host lectures, small presentations, and intimate concerts.
- 2122 Performance Hall may be reserved by Northwestern University Departments and Student Groups.
- 2122 Performance Hall is best suited for single-speaker lectures and presentations and small, acoustic concerts. However, due to the natural acoustics of the room and neighboring residential buildings, events with multiple speakers, percussive or amplified instrumentation, requiring multiple microphones, or otherwise exceeding a modest volume are not suitable.
- The 2122 Performance Hall does not have an air conditioning system. Events held during warmer weather may find conditions in the room uncomfortable. Users who plan an event in the 2122 Performance Hall during times when extreme outdoor temperatures are possible may want to consider booking a backup venue in case the space is uncomfortable.
- Northwestern Dining must be engaged for any food service in 2122 Performance Hall. Contact the Northwestern Dining Catering Manager at 847-467-6114. No homemade or retail (purchased or donated) food or drink is permitted.
Reserve 2122 Performance Hall
Lutkin Hall is a 403-seat performance/lecture space located on University Place between Sherman Avenue and Sheridan Road. Lutkin Hall is available to Northwestern University Students and Departments for events from 8am to 11pm daily.
- Lutkin Hall may be reserved by Northwestern University Academic Departments, Administrative Offices, and recognized Student Organizations for speeches, dance recitals, rehearsals, small concerts, lectures, and presentations.
- Food and beverages may only be served in Lutkin Hall with prior approval by Performance and Satellite Venue Office.
- Reservation requests must be made at least ten business days in advance of the event date. Requests made with less than ten business days’ notice will be reviewed by the Performance and Satellite Venue Office for approval.