- Phone (847) 467-7112
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect with the Mini Courses on Facebook!
- Connect with the Mini Courses on Twitter!
- Join our snail mail list! Email your street address to email@example.com.
Monday - Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Third Floor (map)
Summer 2015 Mini Courses Key Dates
- Early Registration*: June 5 – June 15
- Regular Registration: June 16 – July 6
- Late Registration: July 7 – July 13
- Classes begin July 7
How to register:
- Online: nbo.northwestern.edu
- In person: Norris Mini Courses Office (Norris Center, 3rd Floor)
- View our Summer 2015 postcard for a complete course listing and other summer events at Norris
About Mini Courses
The Norris Mini Course program offers a wide variety of non-credit, recreational, classes for adults four times a year, beginning in October, January, April, and July. Established in 1973, the program continues to offer over 30 recreational courses. Our classes offer intense individual attention while operating in a relaxed, informal environment. Registration is open to the Northwestern community and the public. We welcome students from Chicago, Skokie, Wilmette, Evanston, or anywhere in the Chicagoland area!
Most classes take place once a week in the evening, in an attempt to provide an escape from the daily academic or work routine. These classes are a fantastic way to unwind, make new friends, and learn something new, all at the same time. Most Mini Courses are held inside the Norris University Center, located on Northwestern University’s beautiful Evanston campus.
Fall 2015 and Winter 2016 Instructors
If you are interested in being a Fall 2015 Mini Course Instructor please fill out the required forms below.
This is what some Mini Course students have to say about their classes:
“The environment is casual and fun – filled with laughter and sharing of ideas…”
“The instructor is amazing! There is a very good balance of simple and advanced techniques so that there is something for everyone at every level.”
“I loved this course so much–I can’t believe how much I learned–all so practical, all fun, it’s been absolutely awesome!”
“He is a great, inspirational instructor and he breaks down steps so they’re easy to follow.”
“It was the perfect end to a stressful Monday and we were able to really learn some great dance moves.”
“I really appreciated the freedom that our instructor granted us…Students can work at their own pace and level.”
“We learned a lot in such a small time frame.”
“I liked how much the instructor knew and wanted to teach. He was entertaining and very vivacious.”
“Great value and great instruction.”
“The atmosphere was really relaxed and the content was really well explained.”
“Taking the course was an escape from the academic week while still learning something new.”
Subsidies for Mini Courses
Norris Mini Courses offers subsidies to reduce the cost of Mini Course programs for students in need and non-exempt staff on first-come, first-served basis. Click the link to download our application!
Here’s how it works:
- Pick a class (note: subsidies may not be used toward Drink courses or One-day Mini Workshops).
- Fill out the application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Subsidy Request.” Applications are due by September 10, 2015. No exceptions!
- Subsidies will be awarded on a rolling first-come, first served basis. No proof of income is required.
- Subsidies are awarded from a finite pool of funds. Applicants are able to designate a subsidy amount between $10 and $30. We encourage applicants to ask for only exactly what they need to participate in our programs, so that funds can be used to support more people.
- Subsidy recipients will enroll over the phone with the Norris Mini Courses Office.
Letter of Enrollment and Completion
Should you require or desire a letter certifying your participation in and successful completion of a Mini Course, please submit a request TWO weeks prior to the last session of your class.
Mini Courses is a recreational, non-credited leisure learning program. We cannot offer credit or grades for our Mini Courses or Workshops.
MasterCard, Visa, American Express, cash, and check (payable to “Northwestern University”). We only accept checks drawn on a U.S. bank and payable in U.S. funds.