Our guidelines are a helpful reference for anyone who needs to create branded communications for Northwestern. The brand tools website provides guidance and assets related to:
- Narrative and messaging
- Writing style
- Visual identity
- Logos and other brand assets
- Branded PowerPoint templates
- Videos about Northwestern for use in meetings, workshops or events
Digital and web
We provide guidance and tools for:
- Starting a web project
- Producing clear, accessible web content
- Working in Cascade, the university's central content management system
Writing and editing
To stay on-brand and on-message, the need for consistency in style and usage is more important than ever. Northwestern-related style questions to supplement our two primary reference books: the Chicago Manual of Style and Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.
You can also review the resources listed on the Publications website for more information on how to create clear, well-written and concise copy.