Information for Students
- Students Considering Registering
- Students Already Registered
- Chicago-Campus Students
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Resources for Students
These pages will assist you in registering with and utilizing the services of the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). If you are taking classes on the Chicago campus and need to register with SSD, please utilize the information specific to Chicago-campus students.
In order to be considered an active student registered with SSD, you must complete all four of the following steps:
- Review our disability documentation guidelines and submit appropriate documentation of disability to the SSD Office
- Complete SSD's online application
- Meet for an intake appointment with a member of SSD's professional staff
-Note: no intake appointments will be scheduled the last two weeks of the quarter (i.e., reading week and finals week)
- Sign an accommodation agreement that details the accommodations that will be provided to you
Until you have completed all of these steps, you will not be registered with SSD, considered a student with a disability by the University, or entitled to accommodations or services.
What's Next? Here Are Some Options...
- If you are a student not yet registered with SSD, please visit the link for students considering registering with SSD to see our eligibility for services and documentation guidelines for disabilities.
- Once students are registered with SSD, they need to visit the link for registered students and logon to AccessibleNU to access information to assist them in arranging for the accommodations they need each quarter. In general, documentation needs to be submitted to SSD only once to register with the office; however, students must request accommodations each quarter.
- There is also a disability resources page that all Northwestern students with disabilities will find useful.