Information for Students
- Students Considering Registering
- Students Already Registered
- Chicago-Campus Students
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Resources for Students
To be considered registered with SSD, all three of the following steps must be completed:
- Review our disability documentation guidelines and submit appropriate documentation of disability to the SSD Office
- Complete SSD's online application
- Meet with an SSD advisor for an intake appointment to approve accommodations
-Note: no intake appointments will be scheduled the last two weeks of the quarter (i.e., reading week and finals week)
Until you have completed all of these steps, you will not be registered with SSD, considered a student with a disability by the University, or entitled to accommodations or services.
What's Next? Here Are Some Options...
- If you are a student not yet registered with SSD, please visit the link for students considering registering with SSD to see our eligibility for services and documentation guidelines for disabilities.
- Once students are registered with SSD, they need to visit the link for registered students and logon to AccessibleNU to access information to assist them in arranging for the accommodations they need each quarter. In general, documentation needs to be submitted to SSD only once to register with the office; however, students must request accommodations each quarter.
- There is also a disability resources page that all Northwestern students with disabilities will find useful.