Office of Treasury Operations
Our daily activity centers around the following:
- custody, control, safekeeping, and performance of the University’s Treasury Pool assets;
- banking and finance consultants to University departments;
- managers of efficient, dynamic and successful banking relationships;
- efficient bank account structure;
- daily cash management and reporting;
- cash forecasting and variance analysis;
- liquidity and working capital management & reporting;
- rating agency and financial covenant reporting;
- speed and efficiency of receivables and payables.
Management of daily EFT requests and manual journal entries to record activity, daily communication with lead banks, policy, procedure, control and compliance updates and adherence tracking, banking advisory services to department staff, Amex corporate card management. See the Treasury Services section for more information.
- Electronic Funds Transfer Requests
- Inbound Revenue to Northwestern
- University Preferred Banking Relationships
- OFAC Policy
- Opening/Closing a Bank Account
- Amex Corporate Card
Technical administrator for merchant card (credit card receipting) locations and Certain Event Registration users. This department is responsible for ensuring that the University is compliant with PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standards). e-Commerce Operations is charged with moving the University toward electronic payments and receipts. See the e-Commerce section for more information.
General oversight of departmental bank deposits, cash receipt ticket (CRT) creation and match expections, bank deposit training and unidentified EFT revenue research. Depository services also trains and administers remote deposit technology and card solutions (such as stored value cards) and is generally chared with reducing University reliance on cash, checks and paper in favor of electronic solutions. See the Depository Services section for more information.
- Remote Deposit checks without leaving your department
- Identify Missing Revenue on your Budget Statement
- Stored Value Card for Human Research Subject Fees
- How to make a bank deposit and create the Cash Receipt Ticket (CRT)