Services by Function

Accounting Services performs the central accounting functions and provides the following services or the University:

Agency, Fraternity and Sorority Funds

Responsible for managing administration and reporting for agency funds.

Bank and General Ledger Reconciliation

Compares bank records to accounting records to ensure cash activity is appropriately recorded; works closely with Treasury. Monitor all general ledger accounts and funds, perform reconciliations of accounts, perform complex financial account analysis and transaction research; complete surveys and ad hoc report requests.

ChartField Maintenance

Reviews, analyzes, and makes decisions on additions or changes to the chart and trees in NUFinancials; works closely with Financial Operations IT who process the ChartField changes.

Endowment and Gifts

Manages accounting for all endowments, annuity & life income funds and merged investment pools; reconciles daily gift interface from CATracks system.

Financial statements

Prepares annual financial statements and supporting workpapers for audit; ensures compliance with accounting guidelines.

Fundriver Reports

Responsible for Fundriver transaction processing, system maintenance, training and gift reporting;

General Support

General Accounting Services Support;


Manages investment asset accounting, bank reconciliation, and pool pricing.

Journal Support

Journal support for general questions or consultation related to journal entry methods, source or types of journals and journal rules.

Petty Cash

Responsible for managing petty cash funds. Cash Handling Policy.

  • Ida Zreiqat, Accounting Services Specialist, 847.491.4702
  • Regi George, Manager Accounting Services, 847.467.1359

Plant, Debt, and Equipment

Responsible for accounting, analysis, and financial reporting of property and plant funds, external and internal debt transactions, capital equipment records and physical inventory.

Tax compliance and reporting

Prepare IRS annual information return Form 990; oversight for sales tax filings by units; consultant for other tax issues in conjunction with Legal Counsel.

Tax Forms

1099-misc information and issuance; W-9 forms (NU as vendor); requests for copies of 501(c)(3) IRS tax determination letter.

Requests for public disclosure copies of Forms 990 and 990-T.

NOTE: Media organization requests for Forms 990/990-T should be directed to the Office of University Relations 800.491.5000.

Unclaimed Property

Unclaimed property administration

Upload processing and IT support

Journal spreadsheet upload processing and support; department IT support.

NOTE: Media organization requests for Forms 990/990-T should be directed to the Office of University Relations 800.491.5000.