Request Conduct Records

Conduct Information for The Common Application (Transfer)

Undergraduate students completing The Common Application for potential transfer to another University can submit a request for the conduct related information required on the Transfer College Report form here.

The following are the steps required:

1. The Office of the Registrar is responsible for notarizing and completing the top portion of the report (Conduct information will not be provided unless this step is complete).
2. Fill out the Records Request FormThe Common Application - Transfer College Report
3. Upload the notarized Transfer College Report.

The Office of Student Conduct will attach a Dean’s Certification letter to the Transfer College Report (see below for the explanation of Dean’s Certification). The Dean’s Certification includes information on both academic and non-academic misconduct.

Once your request is submitted, it will take approximately 5-7 business days for your completed forms to be sent to you or the institution.

Conduct Information for Third Party Purposes

A third party request of a student/alumni’s disciplinary record as part of an application for admission or employment is referred to as a Dean's Certification. Dean's certifications include both academic and non-academic misconduct. The Office of Student Conduct will contact the student/alumni's academic program to request information on academic integrity.

A request for a Dean's Certification can be submitted through a Dean's Certification Request Form. Students and alumni must provide a signed release form providing the University permission to release this information. If you already have a form you have signed as part of your application, please upload it in the request form. Alternately, please complete the Consent for Release of Personal Information/Education Records Form (PDF).

Academic institutions and employers can also request a student/alumni’s disciplinary record directly by filling out the Dean's Certification Request Form above. Please note that you will need to provide a signed release from the student/alumni for this information to be provided.

For more on the information provided as part of a Dean's Certification, please see Records Retention.

Student Conduct Records Check for Internal Purposes

Northwestern University faculty and staff may choose to request information about a student’s conduct record when considering the student for a position of leadership or privilege on campus. University faculty and staff can request this information through the Student Conduct Records Check online form. Please allow one week for requests with less than 100 students. Please allow at least two weeks for requests with over 100 students.