News & Updates
- 2011-2016 Report on Progress Implementing the Strategic Plan (December 14, 2016)
Five-year progress report outlining major achievements since the Northwestern Will strategic plan was unveiled in 2011.
- 2015 Report on Progress Implementing the Strategic Plan (June 11, 2015)
Progress report summarizing major areas in which the University has advanced in implementing the Northwestern Will strategic plan.
- 2014 Strategic Plan Progress Report (May 22, 2014)
Update on 2014 accomplishments related to the plan.
- Strategic Plan Update Now Available (October 23, 2013)
Announcement about update on key initiatives under way.
- Provost Names Group to Spearhead Implementation (April 26, 2012)
Provost Linzer announces members of the Catalyst Workgroup.
- Strategic Plan Presented to Campus Community (November 1 and 2, 2011)
President Schapiro and Provost Linzer presented the University’s strategic plan on the Evanston and Chicago campuses
- Strategic Plan Charts Northwestern's Future (November 1, 2011)
University unveils strategic plan, and four key pillars of: Discover, Integrate, Connect, and Engage.
- Strategic Plan Presentations (October 17, 2011)
Announcement of Strategic Plan presentations in Evanston and Chicago.
- Fall Community Forums (December 2, 2010)
President Schapiro and Provost Linzer share latest drafts with students, faculty, staff, senior leaders, and the Board of Trustees.
- Sr. Administrator Meeting (October 15, 2010)
Senior administrators from across the university provide feedback on the draft planning document.
- Invitation to Community Forum (October 14, 2010)
Community members are invited to learn more about the strategic plan and provide input.
- Workgroup Member Event (October 4, 2010)
Workgroup members participate in a thank you event and provide feedback on draft planning document.
- Provost's Update to the Community (May 13, 2010)
Workgroups are drafting recommendations that will be shared this summer.
- Call for Feedback: Strategic Partnerships (April 30, 2010)
Strategic Partnerships workgroup asks community to provide feedback on current and future strategic partnerships.
- NAA Board Meeting (March 12, 2010)
Members of the NAA provide recommendations for strategic plan workgroups.
- Call for Proposals: Areas of Distinction (March 4, 2010)
Areas of Distinction workgroup asks community to submit one-page Distinction Proposal.
- Strategic Plan Kick-Off Event (February 18, 2010)
Workgroups come together for first meetings at kick-off event.
- Provost's Update to the Community (February 5, 2010)
Planning framework is finalized and workgroups are formed.
- Provost's Message to the Community (November 6, 2009)
University strategic planning process is introduced and draft framework is shared.
- Pre Planning Working Session (October 15, 2009)
Senior administrators comment on draft framework.