Creating the Plan
The strategic planning process, which involved faculty, staff, students, and alumni, began in 2009 and concluded in 2011.
- Fall 2009: Preliminary discussions are held and Planning Framework is drafted
- Winter - Spring 2010: Planning Framework is finalized and workgroups meet
- Summer 2010: Workgroup white papers are completed
- Fall 2010: Recommendations are shared with the community for feedback
- Winter - Summer 2011: Priorities are integrated into a unified strategic plan
- Fall 2011: University strategic plan is launched
The strategic planning framework identified the key areas of focus for the planning workgroups. The framework includes the charge for Phase I workgroups, as well as specific questions for discussion.
- University Strategic Plan - Planning Framework (January 19, 2010)
The charge for the Branding and Communications workgroup can be found here: