What is a Family Ambassador?
Family Ambassadors (FAs) are a community of student leaders dedicated to supporting families throughout their Northwestern experience. Through this role, Family Ambassadors are trained to relate their own personal and familial experiences throughout their time at Northwestern to parents and families during Parent and Family Orientation and Family Weekend in the fall.
Family Ambassadors' responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the execution of Parent and Family Orientation during Wildcat Welcome and Family Weekend later in the fall
- Learning about campus resources related to the experience of parents and families
- Offering a student perspective to parents and families
- Interacting with parents and family members on campus by answering their questions and helping to meet their needs
- Ensuring the success of family programming and events
Family Ambassadors represent the diverse Northwestern community. We are looking for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors with varying levels of NU involvement, and a wide range of personalities and backgrounds.
Please make sure you read the Important Dates for FA Applicants to fully ensure you understand the requirements prior to applying.
Characteristics Found in Successful Family Ambassadors
- Positive attitude
- Hard working
- Relatability to others
- Connection to your own family experience
- Connection to your own new student transition experience
- Desire to speak upon your experience and share a student perspective
- Desire to serve as a resource for families
- Open-minded towards cultures, ethnicities, lifestyles, and backgrounds