Dates and Deadlines
Find your aid year
Please determine the aid year for which you are applying for loans.
For students in the School of Education and Social Policy and in the McCormick School of Engineering:
- The academic year runs from the Summer quarter through the Spring quarter. So the Spring 2021 quarter is the last term of the 2020-2021 academic year. The Summer 2021 quarter is the first term of the 2021-2022 academic year.
For students in The Graduate School and in the School of Communication:
- The academic year runs from the Fall quarter through the Summer quarter. So the Summer 2021 quarter is the last term of the 2020-2021 academic year. The Fall 2021 quarter is the first term of the 2021-2022 academic year.
2021-2022 Priority Dates and Deadlines
Priority dates: In order to assure that your loan funds will be available for the start of the term, please submit all required materials by the priority dates for the appropriate aid year. You may continue to apply for loans after the priority dates and throughout the year, however, we cannot guarantee that loan funds will be available for the first day of classes.
Deadlines are dates after which loan requests and/or applications will not be processed.
When to expect your loan offer notification
We will begin sending out email loan offer notifications for the 2021-2022 academic year for:
- New Masters students in late May (mid-May for students starting in the Summer 2021 quarter).
- All PhD students in late June/early July (to allow time for entry of your departmental funding).
- Returning students in late June/early July.
During our peak time (June thru September) you may expect to receive your email loan offer notification approximately 2 weeks after all required materials are received.
During the remainder of the academic year, currently enrolled students may expect a response within 1 to 2 weeks after all required materials are received.