LET’S (TELE) TALK IS NOW VIRTUAL!
Tele Talk is a program that offers virtual drop-in consultations with CAPS staff for all Northwestern students. The consultation meetings are informal, friendly, and confidential.
Tele Talk is not a substitute for formal counseling and doesn't constitute mental health treatment, but the Tele Talk consultants will listen to your specific concerns, offer support, resources, and introduce you to what it’s like to speak to a member of our staff.
We are currently offering Tele Talk consultations via Zoom. Book your appointment using the links in the scheduling section below.
How to prepare for the meeting :
Please make sure that you are in a private space with a reliable internet connection. You may use headphones to ensure greater privacy. To reduce distraction please put your phone on silent and deactivate sound notifications on your computer and/or smart phone.
You can join the meeting via audio or video.
What to expect:
Simply log in to Zoom a couple minutes prior to the start of the meeting using the link you received in the confirmation email. You will be placed in the virtual waiting room and the Tele Talk consultant will let you into the meeting promptly at the start of the session. Speaking with a counselor consultant can provide insight, solutions, and information about other resources. The meeting will last approximately 20 minutes.
No topic is off-limits. Common concerns include:
- adjustment/culture shock
- cultural or racial barriers
- challenges related to the pandemic and other current events
- building friendships, community; increased sense of belonging
- academic performance
- difficulty concentrating or paying attention
- family problems
- financial struggles
- sleep difficulties
- romantic relationship concerns
- sexual orientation/gender identity
Tele Talk Chicago Campus Schedule
- Mondays 12-1pm with Sean Serluco, PsyD, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Liaison to Pritzker School of Law
- Tuesdays 12-1pm with Dorothy Addae, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow
- Fridays 3-4pm with Rachael Collins, PhD, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Liaison to Feinberg School of Medicine
- Meet the Tele Talk consultants
Evanston Campus Students (undergraduate students and graduate students with programs in Evanston), please click here for information on Evanston Tele Talk dates/times and scheduling.
If you know you are interested in connecting to CAPS therapy or referral services, please schedule an Initial Care Plan Phone Meeting by calling CAPS at (847) 491-2151 or schedule an appointment online.