Make an AppointmentDuring the COVID-19 pandemic, CAPS has updated our services to prioritize the health and safety of our community. Please click here to learn more.
Scheduling an Initial Care Plan Phone Meeting
- Below is information for how to schedule an initial appointment with Chicago CAPS for students whose programs are on the Chicago Campus. (Students on the Evanston campus can learn about how to access Evanston CAPS services here.)
- Students interested in services at Chicago CAPS should first schedule an Initial Care Plan Meeting unless they are seeking Crisis Support.
- Initial Care Plan Meetings at Chicago CAPS are conducted by phone and are scheduled for 45 minutes.
- The scheduler only shows available appointments within the next 2 weeks. If there are no listed times available, check back regularly as new appointments open up daily or contact CAPS at (847) 491-2151.
- You can search for an off-campus provider near our Evanston and Chicago campus communities using our CAPS Provider Referral List. If you would like assistance with this process, you may sign up for a Chicago CAPS Referral and Resource Appointment
To schedule an Initial Care Plan Phone Meeting online click here.
During the Initial Care Plan Phone Meeting the therapist will go through a series of questions intended to:
- Understand your reasons for calling
- Find the best next steps to connect you with resources
*Please make sure that you are in a quiet, private space for the phone meeting*
Recommended next steps from the Initial Care Plan Phone Meetings may include:
- Scheduling an in-person Extended Care Plan Meeting at CAPS
- Scheduling an urgent or crisis appointment at CAPS within 24 to 48 hours
- Receiving tailored referrals for therapists, psychiatrists, and other providers in the community
- Scheduling an appointment to learn more about Group Therapy
- Attending a workshop or virtual gathering space
- Connecting to other campus resources