Community Values & Ethical Decision-Making Workshops
Description of the Workshop
The Community Values & Ethical Decision-Making workshops are 90-minute, interactive sessions designed to explore individual and institutional values and discuss. The sessions utilize a variety of approaches, including personal activities, case studies, and group work, with the common theme of open and honest dialogue.
The goals of the workshops are to:
- Achieve a better understanding of one's personal values and Northwestern's institutional values;
- Understand how values & ethics guide and influence personal decision-making;
- Recognize and analyze common ethical dilemmas facing college students;
- Explore the impact of one's personal decisions on the broader community;
- Recognize and analyze the short- and long-term consequences of one's decisions;
- Learning some tools to assist in the decision-making process
Workshop Schedule (2013-2014 Academic Year)
All workshops are held in the Conference Room on the Lower Level of Scott Hall, 601 University Place.
All sessions begin promptly at the times indicated. Late arrivals will not be admitted, and individuals must attend the entire session to complete the workshop.
- Fall 2013
- Monday, October 28, 3:30-5:00
- Wednesday, November 20, 3:30-5:00
- Friday, December 6, 2:00-3:30 (reading week)
- Winter 2014
- Wednesday, January 29, 3:30-5:00
- Tuesday, February 18, 3:30-5:00
- Friday, March 14, 2:00-3:30 (reading week)
- Spring 2014
- Wednesday, April 23, 3:30-5:00
- Monday, May 12, 3:30-5:00
- Friday, June 6, 2:00-3:30 (reading week)
Register for a Workshop
All individuals who plan to attend a Community Values & Ethical Decision-Making workshop should register in advance for the session so we know how many people to expect.
To register, please e-mail us at email@example.com with "Community Values Workshop" as the Subject line (and be sure to cc: the official who asked you complete this requirement). In your e-mail, please tell us your name, a telephone number where we can reach you, and the date of the session you wish to attend. You will then receive a return e-mail confirming your registration and time. Remember to arrive on time for your scheduled workshop.