Start Date: August 19
Deadline Date: September 6
Just like on other college campuses around the country, there is one issue that stands out because it regularly puts students in a position to make choices that will affect their own wellbeing and that of the community. That issue is alcohol. Northwestern University is concerned with making sure that drinking - your own or somebody else’s – does not interfere with your health, safety, academic success, and other things that are important to you.
We require all first-year and transfer students – whether they choose to consume alcohol or not -- to complete an alcohol education course to help you make healthy decisions as you navigate college life. Don’t wait. If you fail to complete one of the following, a registration hold may be placed on your student account.
- Option 1: AlcoholEdu® for College (recommended)
AlcoholEdu is a two-part online interactive self-study course. If you select this option, you are expected to successfully complete the Part 1 of the course, which is 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours, by September 6, 2013. You must earn a grade of 80% or higher to receive credit for the course. About 45 days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2, which takes approximately 15 minutes. Please read the instructions below to learn how to access and complete the program.
- Option 2: Alcohol Education Workshop (on-campus)
If you do not complete AlcoholEdu by September 15, 2013, you will be assigned to attend an Alcohol Education Workshop. This three hour program is held during the first two weeks of fall quarter. You will be notified of your assigned date and time after Wildcat Welcome.
To access and begin AlcoholEdu® for College:
You will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities.
- Go to www.everfi.com/register on or after August 19, 2013.
- Under New User, enter the following Login ID: C147767A
- Click “Sign Up”
- On the registration page, you will create your AlcoholEdu account using:
- your Northwestern email address
- a password of your choice
- your 7-digit Student ID number
Note: Your Student ID is not your netID. If you have forgotten/do not know your Student ID, go to CAESAR, log in, and click "View my Student ID" on the left hand side. If you do not enter you Student ID accurately, you will not receive credit for taking this course.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter your NU email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
Help for Technical Difficulties
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Technical Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.