Wildcat Weekends provides a calendar of programs occuring during the first four weekends of the fall quarter that provide an opportunity for first-year students to continue exploring the community and connecting with peers.
- Schedule of events (updated weekly for the following weekend)
- Wildcat Connection, to help you explore student organizations
- A searchable campus map (in the off chance you get lost on the way to class)
- A list of relevant campus resources for first-year students
Why Wildcat Weekends?
From the minds of current students and the First-Year Student Task Force is an initiative to provide space for students to continue meeting others, exploring the vast opportunities at the University, and assist students with assimilation with academics.Weekends brings together student organizations, your PA group, those who live on your floor in the residence hall, and various campus offices to provide programming and resource access at just the time you need it. The first four weeks in a new community are the most crucial in a student's transition, and Wildcat Weekends will provide programming to assist with social and academic transition.
First-year students will learn more about Wildcat Weekends during Wildcat Welcome. Students will have the opportunity to explore dynamic and vibrant programming relevant to them during the following weekends:
- Weekend 1: September 26-28, 2014
- Weekend 2: October 3-5, 2014
- Weekend 3: October 10-12, 2014
- Weekend 4: October 17-19, 2014
The schedule is only available through the mobile app (also viewable on your desktop); take a look at the link above.