Info Upon Enrollment

When is my tuition deposit due?

To confirm your place in the incoming first-year or transfer class, you must submit your nonrefundable $400 tuition deposit by the deadline associated with your admission round. To pay, first activate your NetID and password, wait 24 hours, then log on to Northwestern's secure Caesar system and follow the prompts. Both your tuition and housing deposits must be received in order to finalize your enrollment.

When is my room reservation deposit due?

Incoming first year students are guaranteed on-campus housing through the Office of Undergraduate Housing if it was requested on the application for admission. If you plan to live in campus housing, your nonrefundable $200 housing deposit is due by the deadline associated with your admission round. The instructions for submitting a housing deposit are included within the instructions for paying your tuition deposit above.

Students who requested housing will receive additional information in May. All notifications regarding housing will be sent to your Northwestern student email account.

Do I need a final secondary school transcript?

You must submit your final high school transcript as soon as it becomes available and no later than August 1. Your high school can do so online through the Common Application web site using their Final Report Form until August 1, or your high school can mail it directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admission. A final transcript must include either an actual date of graduation or a statement that you have graduated. You will not be able to register for classes until your final transcript is received.

Transfer students:

As soon as you complete the semester or quarter you are currently enrolled in at your present university, if applicable, please forward an official copy of your final transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.

For frequently asked questions about our review of your final transcript, please visit The Office of Undergraduate Admission's FAQ page.

I have questions about my financial aid package. Whom should I contact?
Contact Undergraduate Financial Aid with specific questions about the financial aid process at 847-491-8000 or