Cognos BI for myHR
The Cognos BI Reporting tool contains canned reports from many Northwestern business systems. To access myHR-related reports in Cognos, complete a myHR General Access Form; users also must complete HRS101 myHR Data Lookup training and receive myHR admin access.
- Log into Cognos BI Reporting
- All myHR reports are located in the myHR Reporting folder.
- A user's guide is available at the top of each report's prompt screen.
- For more information about Cognos, see the Business Intelligence System webpage.
Payroll Expense Distribution (PED) Reports:
- Payroll Expense Distribution by Chart of Accounts
Payroll data organized by Chartstring
- Payroll Expense Distribution by HR Department or Employee
Payroll data organized by Department/Employee
Each PED report contains two versions: a Summary report, which provides year-to-date totals along with line detail for each payroll charge in the selected month; and a History report, displaying individual line detail for every payroll charge fiscal year to date.
Other myHR Reports:
- Employee Search Report
Month-end current and historical snapshots of employee data
- Position Listing by HR Department
View position and budget data for active, filled, vacant, and/or inactive positions in a department
- Position/Employee Detail by HR Department
View position detail combined with additional employee information, including employees' additional appointments