Locks and Keys
Lock Shop services
- Cut keys and lock repairs, installations, replacements, and re-keying
- Repair door hardware such as door closers, hinges, and doorknobs, as well as repairing file cabinet and desk locks
- Authorized users can access key request forms at the NU Portal. Scan, sign and email this form to email@example.com or fax it to 847-467-2624. Walk-ins and paper forms are not accepted. An email will be sent out to the requester once keys are available for pick up.
- As new buildings open and others are remodeled, Facilities Management is installing locks using the Medeco system. These high security locks are pick and drill resistant and have a patented key control system, which prevents key duplication.
- Electronic access control is provided as required or requested. Access credentials (Marlok key, proximity, swipe, fob, and biometric) are programmed to control building and space access for individuals by times of day.
- If your department is interested in these systems or other security upgrades, please contact Facilities Management for a consultation (firstname.lastname@example.org; 847-491-5201).