The Engineering Shop provides heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) and plumbing services:
- Maintain, repair, and install all heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems and plumbing.
- Service fire suppression systems
- Service and repair plumbing fixtures, piping, vaccum breakers and backflow preventors.
- Service and repair refrigeration systems including cold room environmental systems.
- Support for asbestos abatement. If you notice any frayed insulation that may be asbestos, contact Facilities Management. We can arrange for inspection and proper removal or encapsulation.
- Operating control and monitoring building environmental HVAC systems remotely or through a computerized Building Management System (BMS). Space temperature and ventilation maintained and adjusted via BMS direct digital control optimizes response times and energy conservation through demand ventilation and lighting control.