The Design and Construction division provides technical expertise and management services for the design and construction of capital projects.
Design and Construction staff is heavily involved in the planning stages of the construction Project Process:
- Programming phase: Serve as a resource, assisting the school or department’s building committee with developing project requirements.
- Selection of designers phase: Invite a short list of designers to be interviewed by the building committee. Assist in the selection process.
- Schematic design phase: Review and help the building committee assess the schematic design documents submitted by the design team.
- Design development phase: Assist in the review, selection and approval of detailed design elements, such as fixtures, materials, finishes, special equipment, and floor plans.
- Construction development phase: Select a contractor after reviewing all bids, interviewing low bidders and reviewing construction schedules.
The division’s resources also support a variety of University endeavors including fund raising, grant application preparation, and planning.