Changes to University Facilities Policy
Policy statement: All construction, renovation, remodeling and maintenance of University physical facilities (including the hiring of architects, engineers and contractors) are the responsibility of the Office for Facilities Management. No other department or individual is authorized to contract for or perform these functions.
Reasons for this policy:
- Achievement of high safety, quality, accountability, and maintainability standards.
- Limited legal liability for all units.
Related procedures: Departmental projects must be approved by Facilities Management. Departments needing to make physical changes or additions to University buildings or grounds must submit its requirements to Facilities Management.
- For simple projects, submit requirements to the Customer Service Center at 1-5201 (Evanston campus) or 3-8000 (Chicago campus). Complex projects requests should be submitted in writing to Facilities Management, 2020 Ridge Avenue, Evanston campus.
- Facilities Management will review the requirements based on the feasibility of the request, impact on University facilities, utilities and operations, and funding considerations.
- See the Estimate Requests page for an overview of the procedure.
If approval to make changes is granted, all work must be performed by or under the direction of Facilities Management.
Contact Facilities Management at (847) 491-5201 or firstname.lastname@example.org