The Future of Evidence and Innovation in Education
Northwestern University was delighted to co-host the 2019 Yidan Prize Conference Series: The Americas. The Yidan Prize, established in 2016, is the world's largest educational prize, with a mission of creating a better world through education.
This conference highlighted new directions for research and development inspired by the work of the 2018 Yidan Prize Laureates Larry Hedges and Anant Agarwal, including the role that evidence plays in addressing inequities and improving practice in education.
The conference included:
- welcome by the Yidan Prize Founder Charles Chen Yidan
- lectures by the 2018 Yidan Prize laureates Larry Hedges and Anant Agarwal
- keynote address by Teach for All Co-Founder and CEO Wendy Kopp
- opening and closing remarks by Northwestern University President Morton Schapiro and Provost Jonathan Holloway
- and four panel discussions on The Future of Evidence and Innovation in Education
Thursday, May 23, 2019 | 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (reception to follow)
Friday, May 24, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
|Kellogg Global Hub, White Auditorium
2211 Campus Dr | Evanston, IL
For questions regarding the conference, please